vrijdag 2 augustus 2013

Review "Keeping Score ~ A guide to love and relationships"

Some information

Title: Keeping Score ~ A guide to love and relationships
Author: Marc Brackett
Pages: 128
Genre: Non Fiction, Self Help
Published: july 2012
Publisher: Treinta y Tres Publishing
My scource: the author (thank you!)
My score on Goodreads: 2.5 (3 on GR)

Covertext

It's a relationship book even a man will read.

Keeping Score provides a relationship evaluation quiz followed by a common sense guide for relationship improvement, all with a humorous twist. You can determine if your relationship has the qualities it takes for a successful marriage and lasting love affair. 

If you're single- read this book to see how well your potential life partner measures up. If you're married- read this book to reduce conflict and increase your happiness.

Take control and shape your union into a relationship that will stand the trials of life and go the distance.

My review

At first I wanted to give this book 2.5 stars, but since that's not possible on Goodreads I doubted wether I would give it a 2 or a 3. A 2 was not enough and a 3 was a little too much. Than I thought: well, maybe I didn't like this book so much because I couldn't really "use" it at this point in my life. That's why I gave 3 stars to "Keeping Score - A guide to love and relationships". 

Although I didn't like the book so much, I have to admit there were some parts I found interesting. Other parts didn't give much new information and just recapitulated things I already knew. Sometimes it seemed like the author wanted to share a totally new insight with his readers and I had the "ooow, exciting!"-feeling. After reading those parts in the book I always had the "ooow, is that it?"-feeling and I felt a little disappointed.

Writing this review was so difficult and it's still a lot shorter than I wanted it to be! Reviewing a guide is totally different from reviewing a book with characters, a plot,... It took me a while to think about the book but here is my opinion: "Keeping Score" is a good read but I really don't know wether it would help a relationship or not. I don't think it would really help me...


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten