woensdag 24 juli 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 24/07


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Bloggers have to put an upcoming book they'd like to read in the spotlights.

This week I chose:  A Bride for Keeps
by Melissa Jagears

Title: A Bride For Keeps
Author: Melissa Jagears
Genre: Romance, Country
Pages: 336
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
Release Date: October 1st, 2013
Goodreads & Amazon

What's it about?

A Tender Tale of Love on the Prairie Perfect for CBA Readers 

Although Everett Cline can hardly keep up with the demands of his homestead, he won't humiliate himself by looking for a helpmate ever again--not after being jilted by three mail-order brides. When a well-meaning neighbor goes behind his back to bring yet another mail-order bride to town, he has good reason to doubt it will work, especially after getting a glimpse at the woman in question. She's the prettiest woman he's ever seen, and it's just not possible she's there to marry a simple homesteader like him. 
Julia Lockwood has never been anything more than a pretty pawn for her father or a business acquisition for her former fiance. Having finally worked up the courage to leave her life in Massachusetts, she's determined to find a place where people will value her for more than her looks. Having run out of all other options, Julia resorts to a mail-order marriage in far-away Kansas. 

Everett is skeptical a cultured woman like Julia could be happy in a life on the plains, while Julia, deeply wounded by a past relationship, is skittish at the idea of marriage at all. When, despite their hesitations, they agree to a marriage in name only, neither one is prepared for the feelings that soon arise to complicate their arrangement. Can two people accustomed to keeping their distance let the barricades around their hearts down long enough to fall in love?

Although I normally don't read books like this, I have to say this one has caught my attention. I love the story and it looks to me as if you'll have to cry a little when you read this book. I don't know the author, so I have no idea if her writing is something I might like, but I think I just need to try this book when it's released!
Have to say I don't like the cover at all. It's just so... I don't know... typical for this genre? A man looking back (past troubles him), a woman who's trying to look at the future and will be the rescue of this man... Or something like that? 

2 opmerkingen: